As I grow older, experience tells me that there are some inescapable facts of life. We either get smacked by them, or we accept them. Here are a few I had been contemplating:
- To accomplish anything of significance, not everyone will like us. There will always be people who will be unhappy with our decisions, who might even try to harm and undermine us.
- Although I can achieve nearly any goal, I can't achieve all of them. I have limited time and energy on this earth.
- Similarly, I cannot do everything alone. I cannot work on every weakness, and master every skill. At different points of my journeys, I have to rely on other people.
- Most of my goals will take twice as long, cost twice as much, and be twice as hard as I initially estimate. Life is a long game.
- Everything we do, everything we own, everything we accomplish - they will turn to dust and be forgotten in due time.